Alexis Sanchez’s immediate future is far from certain. After the lengthy break the 2019/20 season, the Chilean forward saw his loan from Manchester United to Inter extended until August 6.
[This article will explain; is Sanchez coming back to Manchester United?,Which club is Sanchez playing for,Alexis Sanchez Transfer news.]
That date covers the end of the Serie A campaign, but only one game of Inter’s involvement in the Europa League.
Antonio Conte’s side are due to face Getafe in the last 16 of the competition on August 5.
Inter and Conte would like to keep Sanchez beyond August 6, but Manchester United aren’t so sure.
They don’t want to risk coming up against their own player in the latter stages of the Europa League as the two teams could meet at the semi-final stage.
- Sanchez tells United he wants out, Despite Ole offering a second chance.
- Jadon Sancho’ Latest;as United continues to push for the Starlet.
- Mourinho takes swipe at Bruno’s-Manchester uniter Penalty record.
- Chris Smalling: Manchester United could bring back Smalling here’s why.
- Manchester United prepared to sell Jesse Lingard as interest arrives from Clubs.
“It’s not an easy situation,” said Inter CEO Giuseppe Marotta.
“He has a two-year deal left with Manchester United, with big money.
“That’s why we have to study this type of situation, plus the negotiations.
“It’d be a shame if we lost him because we wanted Alexis today, tomorrow and beyond tomorrow.”
A further extension of the loan would be costly for Inter, who pay 5.5 million euros of Sanchez’s 14 million euro a year contract at Old Trafford.
According to reports in Italy, Inter will have to buy Sanchez outright if they want him to stay at the club beyond August 6.