Arsenal have parted ways with their goalkeeper who is in search of proper playtime.
Having provided backup to Emiliano Martinez during the tail end of the just concluded season, the goalkeeper has decided to leave Emirates stadium as he goes in search of proper game time to prove his worth.
Matt Macey is a 26-year-old goalkeeper who isn’t so familiar to the fans as he has made just two appearances since 2017.
The 26-year-old will be out of contract at the end of the season and has thought it wise parting ways now.
While speaking in an interview with The Telegraph, Macey said, “For me it is all about playing regular football again.”
“My focus is to go and find games wherever I can. The club are keen for me to go and play and be successful, wherever that may be and whether that is on a loan or a permanent deal.
“I am desperate to get back to that [Plymouth] environment again. It was a tough season but I got a lot out of it, personally.
“Being a massive part of the team and having that responsibility on my shoulders — that is the sort of challenge I want to face every morning when I wake up. Not having that in the last 12 months has been incredibly frustrating and I have had to find new ways to stay motivated.”
- See Also: Paris Saint German to offer star midfielder for Guendouzi
- Good news to Arsenal as Houssem Aouar asks to leave Lyon
- Photos: Arsenal new third kit as stars pose in a behind-the-scene shoot
- Thomas Partey hands Arsenal major transfer boost as Atletico Madrid already found replacement
- Chelsea confirm Captain and jersey numbers ahead of 2020/2021 season.
- Real Madrid to hand Man United super winger at a very surprising price