Atletico Madrid reportedly reject Arsenal €25m + one player offer for Thomas Partey as Gunners risk losing the Ghanaian to other suitors.
Arsenal have been turn down on their offer to land Atletico Madrid midfielder, Thomas Partey. The North London side are offering to hand €25m + one player in order to see Partey come over to London.
With no intentions of letting the 27-year-old leave for any amount less than €50m, Atletico has reportedly refused to give in to Arsenal’s offer, not minding the player it could be coming along.
Gunners have as well today made known to Atletico that they aren’t ready to pay the full release clause set for Partey and as it stands currently, the deal is likely to be abandoned with Arsenal’s transfer budget in a shaky format.Embed from Getty Images
Mikel Arteta needs to strengthen his squad come next season after missing out the UEFA Champions league this season and also a loss to Chelsea on the FA cup finals will dash their Europa league hopes.
But it appears Arteta’s fears of not being certain of a proper transfer budget is about to materialize. Getting Partey for €50m is a considered a giveaway deal looking at Partey’s qualities and the effects he can have on Gunners’ squad.
More to follow as the both clubs are yet to make the next move.
- Source: Fabrizio Romano
- See Also: Former Juve manager, Allegri linked to PSG job as Tuchel potential replacement
- Dortmund reject Man United €98m Jadon Sancho offer
- Transfer blow for Arsenal as Chelsea prepare 2-year Willian extension deal
- Aston Villa debunk manager, Dean Smith exit rumors
- Lille President Gérard Lopez assures to increase bid to land Jonathan David
- Inter Milan to offer Ivan Perisic for Man United Alexis Sanchez