Arsenal are Champions again as Aubameyang ends shootout in style after seeing his early lead cancelled out by Takumi Minamino.
Aubameyang is strongly engraving his name in Arsenal’s history book as he yet again plays a major role in handing Mikel Arteta his second Managerial trophy.
Gunners took an early lead against Jurgen Klopp’s men when the North London side’s capital found the back of Alisson’s net following receiving pass from favorite fast rising midfielder, Bukayo Saka during the 12th minute of the game.
Liverpool made several attempts to balance the game but failed until the 73rd minute after Takumi Minamino was introduced into game and he netted the equalizer.
This warranted into the game heading a penalty shootout as no other goal came forth from both sides.
Unfortunately Mikel Arteta made better selection on his kickers than Jurgen Klopp as Brewster’s miss handed Pierre Aubameyang an opportunity to be the hero once again.Embed from Getty Images
Its the second year in a row Liverpool are losing a final via penalty kick as the former was against Manchester City.
It’s been a successful start for Mikel Arteta, major thanks to most contributor, Pierre Aubameyang.
- See Also: Aston Villa knock in for 27-year-old Arsenal Goalkeeper
- PSG to land Cristiano Ronaldo, Lionel Messi and Pep Guardiola
- Aston Villa interested in 22-year-old Chelsea striker, Tammy Abraham
- Inter Milan step up chase for 29-year-old Chelsea midfielder
- Leeds United sign 59-goals striker, Rodrigo for a record transfer fee