Manchester United manager Ole Gunner Solskjaer has confirmed Marcus Rashford may miss weekend clash against West Ham following a shoulder injury sustained in last night’s loss to Paris Saint Germain at Old Trafford.
The 23-year-old striker drew United level in the first-half after Neymar opened scoring for the Parisians,
but saw fortunes turn against him in the second-half after a second goal for the visitors, as he was forced off the remainder of the game.
Speaking after the final whistle, a disappointed Solskjaer confirmed the striker is struggling with a shoulder injury that will require medical attention.
“It’s just niggling him, that shoulder injury,”
the manager told BT Sport.
“Let’s see how quickly he can recover. Let’s hope he can be ready for the West Ham game. But we don’t know.”
David De Gea might also be doubtful for the West Ham game, after the United goalkeeper was seen struggling with an apparent injury during the second half against PSG.
The no.1 made a stunning one-handed save to push Mitchel Bakker’s shot wide in the 68th minute, but was quickly grimacing and later went down to the ground.
Solskjaer gave no update on David’s fitness in his post-media media commitments, so hopefully the Spaniard is not seriously hurt.
Manchester United squad the chance to secure qualification into the round of 16 in the Champions League last night with a 1-3 hapless loss to the visitors after drawing level in the first-half.
Chances of qualifying for the knockout stage now seems tight for United as they would be looking to avoid a loss against RB Leipzig in the final group stage match if they are to stand any chance of qualification.
United will now travel to West Ham at the weekend with hopes of rekindling their confidence ahead of crucial Leipzig clash.
- See Also: Sevilla Vs Chelsea: How It All Went Down As Formidable Blues Crush Sevilla 0-4 In Spain
- Watch Video: MUN1:3 PSG Neymar on the score sheet again as PSG qualifies
- Watch Video: SEV 0:4 CHE as Giroud bags another goal
- Watch Video: SEV 0:3 CHE as Olivier Giroud bags hathrick
- Watch Video: MUN 1:2 PSG as Marquinhos restores Parisians lead
- Antonio Rudiger ‘Afforded To Barcelona’ Despite Commitment To Chelsea
- Manchester United Enter Race To Land Highly-Rated Brighton Star Man
- SEV Vs CHE: Possible Lineup For The Blues As They Make Sevilla Trip With Top Position In Sight
- Four Things Spotted At Chelsea Training This Morning Ahead Of Sevilla Clash
- MUN vs PSG: Possible Lineup as Cavani starts
- Martinelli, Thomas Partey, David Luiz And Others: Latest Arsenal Injury News With Possible Return Dates
- Chelsea Morning News: Tomori linked with January exit as Giroud remains keen to leave