Arsenal midfielder, Lucas Torreira could be making a winter return to the Emirates Stadium from Atletico Madrid following latest reports by TuttoSports of Atletico boss, Diego Simeone unimpressed with the Uruguayan’s start to life in the Spanish capital.
The 24-year-old arrived Wanda Metropolitano on loan to facilitate Gunners acquisition of Thomas Partey having endured limited playing time under boss Mikel Arteta, but has also been unconvincing thus far in Simeone’s sight.
The Spaniard has made nine appearances in all competitions since joining the league toppers with Simeone reportedly branding his overall outing thus far ‘disappointing’ and doesn’t wish to further the Uruguayan’s loan deal.
Given Arsenal’s current trailing state, a return to Emirates Stadium for Torreira would be good news after all with the club needing all the manpower it can lay claim to at the moment to help turn its fortunes around.Embed from Getty Images
Atletico are however yet to terminate the midfielder’s loan deal or issue any official statement of intent with Simeone preferring to wait till the winter transfer window officially opens.
- See Also: Breaking: UEFA Champions League Round Of 16 Matched, See Full Fixtures
- Chelsea Midfielder Send Strong Warning To Teammates After Everton Loss
- Watch Video: Chelsea Hits Training Ahead Of Wolves Clash, With Pulisic Looking Ready For A Return To Action
- Chelsea To Make ‘Major’ Goalkeeper Decision After Erroneous Goalkeeping At Everton
- Arsenal Morning News: Kieran Tierney Blows Hot After Awful Arsenal Loss To Burnley, Gunners Fire Up Search For Arteta Replacement And Many More