Celtic named Champions as the Scottish Premiership is called to an end due to Corona virus break.
Celtic have been handed their 51st league title following the SPFL decision to end the season as it has become clearer the Scottish games won’t be resuming anytime soon.
The defending Champions were top of the league table with 13-point lead over Rangers when the league was suspended on 13th March.
At the other hand, Hearts have also been relegated to the Championship for the second time since 2014 despite the club owner threatening to take further action against the league if the season was cut short.
Back in April, the SPFL clubs voted to have the Championship, League One and League Two cut short following the Corona outbreak.
During this same period was the power given to the Board to as well end the Premiership if signs become more clearer that the season can’t be completed anytime soon.
Meanwhile, the Scottish season has not yet completely ended as the Scottish Cup remains undecided with the tournament left at the Semi-final stage.
The English Premier League might be next in line to follow this step of cutting short as things become more blurry over there in England.
Bundesliga is back and Serie A is back to training set to resume soon. Likewise La Liga which has been rumored to be planning resumption by June.
- RELATED POSTS
- Forget the hard talks, transfer market is going to witness a major drawdown when all these are over
- Bayern Munich news: Lewandowski extends his contract to 2023
- Bayern Munich defender, Sule admits he still wants a Premier League move
- Ribery reportedly accept Fiorentina transfer deal.
- The untold truth behind Paulo Dybala PSG and Bayern Munich links.