- Pulisic returns to Cobham in high-spirited fashion
- Havertz may likely start from the bench against Newcastle
- Thiago Silva ruled out from St James’ Park clash
Its good news for the Blues ahead of Newcastle clash as Christian Pulisic returned to training alongside some key squad members at Cobham.
The 22-year-old winger has been sidelined from action since picking up a knock moments before the Chelsea’s 3-0 win at Turf Moor which also saw him miss the Blues 3-0 bashing of French outfit, Rennes and 4-1 hammering of Sheffield United before the international break.
The former Borussia Dortmund winger was also left out of USA’s 6-2 international friendly mauling of Panama on Tuesday but is now on the brink of full recovery after being sighted in high-spirit during training at Cobham.
Asked about the American’s level of recovery, Chelsea boss Frank Lampard said the 22-year-old is en route full recovery but in a slow manner.
The English tactician also ruled out Brazilian center-back Thiago Silva out of Newcastle clash following a late arrival of the 36-year-old from international duties with the Brazilian national team.
He also disclosed the likely availability of Kai Havertz after the 21-year-old tested negative for coronavirus earlier. The German midfielder was left out of international action following a positive coronavirus test result.
- See Also: Good News as Six Premier Managers Change Their Mind On Five Subs
- Arsenal strongly linked to 20-year-old on-fire striker likened to be Puskas successor
- Frank Lampard is taunted after Olivier Giroud France master-class show
- Predict and Win: Newcastle vs Chelsea
- Hudson-Odoi wakes transfer talks with new Bayern move hint