Chelsea youngster Mason Mount has called for improved performance from his side after Everton loss on Saturday.
The Blues fell to Carlo Ancelotti’s men at Goodison Park through a Gylfi Sigurdsson first-half penalty after a silly foul by Edouard Mendy in the eighteen yard box.
Reacting to the loss, Mason Mount admitted to not doing enough against the Toffees, while calling on his teammates to step-up.Embed from Getty Images
“These things happen sometimes, but we want to be pushing for number one and we can’t start like that. We know that” The 21-year-old said to BT Sports.
“We could have done better, we didn’t create enough chances”
“We have to look at where we went wrong and really try to correct it for the next game because the games come thick and fast and it’s another away game so we need to ready for that.”Embed from Getty Images
“The league its still quite open, hopefully we can get better results next games” He added.
Chelsea are back in Premier League action on Tuesday evening, as they travel to Wolves six days before a home match against West Ham United on Monday evening.
- See Also: Watch Video: Top 10 Chelsea goals against Everton
- Edouard Mendy Breaks Silence After Horrendous Outing At Everton Last Night
- Lampard Reveals What He’ll Do To Havertz After Abysmal Everton Performance
- Lampard Provides Update on Pulisic Absence From Everton Loss
- Watch Video: EVE 1-0 CHE as faulty Mendy hands Everton early lead
- Halftime: MUN 0-0 MNC as Man United hold City to just a goal on target
- EVE vs CHE: Official Line up as Giroud leads Blues attack