Frank Lampard has provided update on Injuries to Hakim Ziyech and Callum Hudson-Odoi ahead of Blues final group stage match at home to Russian side, Krasnodar, as well as goalkeeper Kepa Arrizabalaga’s chance to start tomorrow.
Hakim Ziyech and Callum Hudson-Odoi
Both players have been ruled out for tomorrow’s clash after sustaining hamstring injuries during the weekend for the Blues.
Hakim Ziyech was taken off 30 minutes into Leeds clash on Saturday with the Chelsea gaffer later confirming a hamstring injury for the 27-year-old.
Hudson-Odoi also hurt his hamstring at Cobham on Sunday, but the extent of their injuries is yet to be determined, as both players set for some time in the sidelines.
“Ziyech is going for a scan this afternoon. I will have more info tomorrow.
He is out and Callum Hudson-Odoi is out, he also had a hamstring injury in training.” He said.
Kepa To Start In Goal Tomorrow
Spanish goalkeeper, Kepa Arrizabalaga is set for his Champions League debut of the season having endured a frustrating start to the new campaign.
The embattled goalie has been confirmed for start tomorrow following a decision to give a well-deserved rest to Senegalese, Edouard Mendy.
The Chelsea boss in an interview with TalkSport yesterday confirmed the 26-year-old goalkeeper is still very much committed to the Blues amid growing reports of a potential move back to his native Spain.
“He’s [Kepa] in good shape and is committed to the club. We very much need him and what he brings to the club”
“We spoke yesterday, he’s ready for action when in goal” he said
Kepa did a lot last season and he’s very much part of the team, of course we can’t play two at a time. He’s looked good in training and is confident” He added.
The world’s-most-expensive goalkeeper is set for a return to Champions League action tomorrow against Krasnodar.
Chelsea Fans clapping while players take the knee
Lampard was full of praises for Blues fans for their display when the players took to their knee.
“When the players took the knee which represents diversity, that message is clear and our fans clapped the message. That’s Chelsea Football Club.” He said.
Chelsea will likely make tactical changes for tomorrow’s clash with the confirmed absence of Ziyech and Hudson-Odoi, with Tammy Abraham likely to take center role in attack and flanked by Pulisic and Werner.
The Blues will also have skipper, Cesar Azpilicueta at right-back and Emerson Palmieri at left-back.
Antonio Rudiger should partner Andreas Christensen at the center, with Jorginho and Kovacic in holding midfield, while Kai Havertz provides creative attacking play for the hosts.
- See Also: Just In: Arsenal Contact Wenger For A Possible Comeback As Arteta Nears Exit
- 96-goal Juventus prolific striker set for Blues switch
- Man Utd Morning News: Cavani, Martial, De Gea, Shaw Injury Updates, Team News Ahead Of Leipzig Clash
- Just In: Blues Make Bold Move To Land ‘Highly-Rated’ 28-Year-Old Star Man
- ‘Frustrated’ Kepa Blows Hot After Losing Spot To Edouard Mendy
- Chelsea Vs Leeds United: Possible Lineup For The Blues As They Aim To Continue Impressive Form
- West Ham Vs Man Utd: Possible lineup For Red Devils Today As They Make East London Trip
- Five Key Highlights of Chelsea Training At Cobham Today Ahead Of Leeds Clash
- Italian side set to hijack talented Chelsea Midfielder
- Watch Video of Mason Mount tearing down Leeds United
- Aubameyang Makes ‘Critical’ North London Derby Vow As Pressure Continues To Mount On The £350k-A-Week Striker
- I’ll Prove That Am Ready For A Return To Stamford Bridge – Nigerian Youngster Set For Chelsea Return
- Chelsea star returns to Cobham as he looks to break back into first team
- Maguire adamant that opportunities to make history hold no extra weight for the Red Devils
- Former Gunners defender claims ‘somthing’s not right’ with Arsenal new signing ahead of derby clash
- Olivier Giroud finally Speak Out On Chelsea Future Amid Agent’s Outcry