- Chelsea have delayed in presenting an official offer for the 29-year-old.
- Bayer Leverkusen managed to finish 9th and all thanks to Kai Havertz 12 goals.
- Voller insists no Chelsea move for Havertz until the Europa League games are concluded for Leverkusen.
Chelsea to wait until the Europa League is over before making an official offer for Kai Havertz as the German prepare to line up with Bayer Leverkusen against Rangers.
Chelsea top transfer target, Kai Havertz won’t arriving at London anytime soon to join the Blues as Bayer Leverkusen decide he would have to feature in their Europa League games.
According to Bayer Leverkusen director, Rudi Voller his side won’t be letting go of Kai Havertz until they are done with the Europa League games.
Having garnered lots of praises with his compelling performances, netting 12 goals in 30 games during the past season to help fire Leverkusen to the fifth position, Havertz has managed to draw the attentions of several top flight teams of which Chelsea are the number one contender.Embed from Getty Images
But Chelsea are yet to make an official offer for the German after managing to press down Leverkusen’s €100m asking price as they now have to wait until the end of the current Europa League run.
“It is set in stone,” Voller told Kicker when asked about Havertz featuring for Leverkusen against Rangers. “There is no new stance,” he added.Embed from Getty Images
Leverkusen will be returning to action on August 6th capitalizing on their 3-1 aggregate against Rangers.
The director went on to downplay Chelsea’s thoughts of Bayer Leverkusen handing a Corona Bonus relying on the financial impact caused by the Corona virus 100-days break.
Blues expect a sought of discount to help push the deal through but its likely not any where near reach with Voller discrediting the claims.Embed from Getty Images
“There will be no corona bonus,” he added, before admitting: “No matter who the player is, this is a special transfer window.”
Chelsea still are hunting for more reinforcements as the side push to sign a goalie with their attention likely on Atletico Madrid after Man United reportedly begin talks to hand Dean Henderson a mega contract.
- See Also: Man United transfer news: Dean Henderson talks enter critical stage
- Man United transfer news: United responds to Inter Milan €15m + buy back offer for Sanchez
- Chilwell to hand transfer request and force Chelsea move.
- Chelsea transfer news: Frank Lampard has three more transfers to complete
- Gianluigi Donnarumma receive price boost as AC Milan close in on renewal talks