- Willian is believed to be waiting after Bayern Munich game to make a decision.
- Arsenal are the most likely destination for the Brazilian who looks to reunite with his country man, David Luiz.
- Chelsea are offering 2-year extension instead of 3 as desired by the winger.
Chelsea winger, Willian has once again rejected offer from Chelsea to extend his stay for 2 more years as Arsenal appears likely destination.
The 31-year-old has reportedly snubbed offer from Chelsea to extend his stay at Stamford Bridge after missing his side’s 2-1 loss to Arsenal on the FA Cup final.
Willian is possibly heading for an exit considering that Chelsea aren’t ready to hand him his desired 3-years extension, with the English team already going against their policy to offer him a 2-year extension.
According to the Blues policies, players above 30 can only get 1 year of contract extension should they remain with the club.Embed from Getty Images
Having been an important part of the squad, the Brazilian has been offered a 2-year extension to please him into remaining the Roman Abramovic’s side.
Although, Frank Lampard already has his front-line fully restrengthened by the arrival of Timo Werner, Hakim Ziyech and potential arrival of Leverkusen’s Kai Havertz.
The former Shakhtar Donetsk man is believed to be delaying to see the outcome of their UCL clash against Bayern Munich before he makes a decision on his future.Embed from Getty Images
Arsenal pose as the most likely to land him despite claims in the past of Barcelona asking after the winger.
Willian’s agent, Kia Joorabchian had claimed last week that several top flight teams across Europe are on his client’s trail as it looks more of an exit than an extension for the him and Blues.
Despite having said repeatedly of his desires of retaining Willian, Frank Lampard might be forced into letting go of the August born so as to create chances to land resources to fill the leak in other positions.
Chelsea are 3 goals down against Bayern Munich as they prepare to get back into UCL action after finishing 4th on the league table and securing a spot on the next UCL campaign.
- Source: TheGuardian
- See Also: Dortmund will accept Man Utd’s €120M instalment offer for Sancho by 10th August.
- Rakitic to make Sevilla return from Barcelona for €10M
- Lampard gives Pulisic and Azpilicueta injury update ahead of Bayern clash
- FA Cup final: Arsenal beat Chelsea 2:1 to claim trophy
- FA Cup final: Aubameyang nets equalizer as Arsenal penalty dashes Chelsea early lead