Chelsea are set for a trip later tonight to Merseyside for Everton clash with hopes of edging the Toffees for maximum points in the crucial encounter.
Of course Blues will be without wingers Hakim Ziyech and Callum Hudson-Odoi tonight after both sustained respective hamstring injuries, but coach Frank Lampard will out to fashion out the right selection couple with sound tactical changes to edge Carlo Ancelotti’s lads.
We’ll be taking a look at possible lineup for the Blues at Goodison Park later tonight, bearing in mind the availability of Christian Pulisic after he was captured at Cobham earlier today.
The Senegalese was given due rest midweek in the champions league against Krasnodar but will be in goal for the Blues tonight after training earlier today and looking sharp for the encounter.
Chilwell will further his left-back role tonight after being rested in Tuesday’s draw in the champions league, having managed to keep fitness since returning from a minor injury during season opener.
The 36-year-old is very much ready to lead the squad once again tonight after being rested also in midweek and is expected to bring his wealth of experience into play, after much stability brought in to the Blues defense.
Zouma has been quite impressive alongside Thiago Silva at Chelsea center-back thus far, with sound communication between both in neutralizing opponent’s attacking threats.
Reece James turned 21 earlier this week and seems to also be maturing on the pitch, with Lampard opting for the youngster ahead of skipper, Cesar Azpilicueta and will once again operate the right-back position.
Kante will be on the pitch tonight after coming on as a substitute midweek, and is expected to take the center role against an ‘injury-worried’ Everton side.
Kovacic was involved in Tuesday’s draw later coming off in the second-half and will be available once again tonight.
The youngster has enjoyed abundant playtime under Frank Lampard and is once again tipped in the pecking for tonight’s clash after being an unused sub midweek.
Werner will most likely operate from the flanks again tonight, a role he’s certainly become used to at Stamford Bridge this season, given recurring injuries to Chelsea wingers.
The 21-year-old will be deployed to the right-hand flank to deputize injured Hakim Ziyech after occupying the position during Blues 1-1 draw against Krasnodar.
Frenchman Olivier Giroud will likely return to the lineup tonight after dropping to the bench for Tammy Abraham midweek.
- See more: Thomas Partey Finally Speaks Out After Mikel Arteta’s Blame In The Aftermath Of Tottenham Loss
- Kai Havertz Reveals His Best Playing Position After A Mixed Start To His Blues Career
- Good News For The Blues As Owner, Roman Abramovic Attains Major Milestone Ahead Of January Transfer Window
- Ziyech Injury Prompts Lampard’s Crucial Decision On Rising Chelsea Starlet
- He’s The Bedrock Of The Team’s Impressive Season So Far – Former Man Utd Captain Single Out One Chelsea Player As Key Reason For Blues Stunning Outing This Season
- Watch Video: Eddie Nketiah opens scoreline after beating defender to disgrace keeper
- Watch Video: Mohamed Elneny ‘Super Rocket’ extends Arsenal lead
- Watch Video: Dundalk pulls one back after fine pass remind Arsenal of weak form
- Watch Video: Arsenal nets another as Wilock justifies Balogun’s involvement with fine finish
- Frank Lampard To Make Chelsea Penalty-Taker Adjustment