The Blues returned to Cobham today for training as usual as they get set for Leeds test at Stamford Bridge later today, following Wednesday epic Champions League win at Ramon Sanchez Pizjuan.
A win tonight will see Chelsea ascend top of the Premier League pending results from Tottenham and Liverpool, but how ready are they for a ‘stubborn’ Leeds United?
We shall take a look at five major observations worthy of pointing out from Cobham this morning.
The Blues are soaring in confidence like never seen before
On the bounce of a major win in European football and having secured top spot from their group, Chelsea radiated confidence like never before during training today.
The lads seem ready for even the heavyweights at this time, with Frank Lampard suggesting earlier that his goal has always been clinching the title for the West Londoners.
Olivier giroud on the splotlight
All eyes kept focus on Frenchman, Olivier Giroud today after a resounding quadruple at Sevilla on Wednesday for Chelsea to increase its consecutive wins in the Champions League this campaign to four, after sharing the spoils on the first matchday against Sevilla.
Giroud was expectedly kept watch on today in training with fellow forwards taking a stare at his solo time with the ball.
The 34-year-old striker is greatly tipped to elevate in the pecking order after his stellar outing in Spain with Frank Lampard refusing to rule out the possibility while quizzed on it.
Billy Gilmour returned to Cobham
The 19-year-old returned to Cobham for the first time since late July after injuring his knee in a nasty incident.
Gilmour was captured in high spirit upon his return to football after nearly five months on the sideline and could be given a much-craved return to the pitch tonight against Leeds United.
Each player had a solo session with the ball
Solo session was introduced back into the Blues training today to improve ball management technique for the players with each player enjoying a reasonable time solely with the ball at their control.
Frank Lampard demands more from the lads
The Chelsea boss was captured today with a more demanding energy as he ensures his lads don’t get complacent with their impressive run of form so far.
Lampard was seen dishing out instructions to the players with a much more level of intensity with prospects of maximum fitness for tonight’s clash.
- See Also: Italian side set to hijack talented Chelsea Midfielder
- Watch Video of Mason Mount tearing down Leeds United
- Aubameyang Makes ‘Critical’ North London Derby Vow As Pressure Continues To Mount On The £350k-A-Week Striker
- I’ll Prove That Am Ready For A Return To Stamford Bridge – Nigerian Youngster Set For Chelsea Return
- Chelsea star returns to Cobham as he looks to break back into first team
- Maguire adamant that opportunities to make history hold no extra weight for the Red Devils
- Former Gunners defender claims ‘somthing’s not right’ with Arsenal new signing ahead of derby clash
- Olivier Giroud finally Speak Out On Chelsea Future Amid Agent’s Outcry