Manchester United legend and dexterous striker, Dimitar Berbatov, in response to Odion’s extension dares the Nigerian star to prove his worth.
Ighalo was expected to return to his former club (Shanghai Shenhua) on Sunday regarding the expiration of his loan.
Inspite of this, MUFC has decided to extend his loan term and make him stay with the reds in the EPL till January 2021.
Ighalo has to the favour of club scored four goals in eight games in all competitions.
Dimitar Berbatov in an interactive session with Betfair said the Nigerian born striker needs to play aptly to seal a permanent deal with the giant English team.
“It is a step further for the club and Odion Ighalo to build their union.
The way he linked with the other players, his interaction with the team and everything he did was top quality for the time he was given to play.
Now, Ighalo has a titanic challenge ahead of him to show truly the relevance of his stay.
Now that he’s staying until 31 January 2021, why not go out there and show the club why he should stay for even longer?
Why not fight for a permanent contract? He’s a great boost for the team and it puts United in a strong position”, Berbatov told Betfair.
Statistically, MUFC were on an 11-match unbeaten run in all competitions and are striving to qualify for UEFA Champions League.
- See Also: Man United could step in for Sancho alternative after German side failed to extend loan deal
- Paris Saint German to offer star midfielder for Guendouzi
- INTERVIEW: ‘I know he is hungry to score goals and make assists’ – Lampard on Kai Havertz
- Arsenal responds to Emiliano Martinez Aston Villa transfer deal
- Mikel Arteta promoted to First Team Manager as he sets to play major roles in transfers
- Arsenal goalkeeper bids farewell in a heartwarming message
- Chelsea confirm Captain and jersey numbers ahead of 2020/2021 season.