Chelsea returned to Cobham today for training before tackling Russians, Krasnodar in their final group match, with the Blues having already secured top spot.
With spirits high and soaring in confidence, the Blues look right on track to register a victory tonight, and as usual, we present to you the key highlights of Blues training session today.
A bolstered Blues
The lads looked like roaring Lions while they trained with an increased level of energy and confidence, coming off four consecutive champions league wins and nine unbeaten league games since Liverpool loss.
Ziyech and Hudson-Odoi absent
The duo are currently sidelined for the Blues after picking up respective hamstring injuries over the weekend.
While Ziyech was pulled off in the 30th minute in Saturday’s win over Leeds United with a hamstring, Hudson-Odoi sustained his’ during training on Sunday after Chelsea win over Leeds United, with Frank Lampard later stating that both are out injured but the length is yet to be ascertained.
Billy Gilmour seemed ready for a competitive return to action
The 19-year-old returned to Cobham last week for the first time since late July after injuring his knee in a nasty incident.
Gilmour was captured in high spirit upon his return to football after nearly five months on the sideline and was is tipped to be handed a return to action today by Frank Lampard after impressing quite a lot during training today, showing no signs of struggle or hurt in his knee.
Kepa trained longer as he gears for a return to action tonight
Kepa Arrizabalaga is set for his debut in the champions league this season, with Lampard opting to give first choice goalkeeper, Edouard Mendy a well-deserved rest tonight.
The Spaniard was captured in high spirit, training intensively with hopes of regaining confidence in goal after reassuring words from Frank Lampard yesterday on the 26-year-old’s future at Stamford Bridge.
Frank Lampard is likely to make tactical changes tonight with injuries to Hakim Ziyech and Callum Hudson-Odoi, and may give rest once again to major starters in Leeds encounter, with a crunchy tie on Saturday at Goodison Park.
- See Also: Just In: Arsenal Contact Wenger For A Possible Comeback As Arteta Nears Exit
- 96-goal Juventus prolific striker set for Blues switch
- Man Utd Morning News: Cavani, Martial, De Gea, Shaw Injury Updates, Team News Ahead Of Leipzig Clash
- Just In: Blues Make Bold Move To Land ‘Highly-Rated’ 28-Year-Old Star Man
- ‘Frustrated’ Kepa Blows Hot After Losing Spot To Edouard Mendy
- Chelsea Vs Leeds United: Possible Lineup For The Blues As They Aim To Continue Impressive Form
- West Ham Vs Man Utd: Possible lineup For Red Devils Today As They Make East London Trip
- Five Key Highlights of Chelsea Training At Cobham Today Ahead Of Leeds Clash
- Italian side set to hijack talented Chelsea Midfielder
- Watch Video of Mason Mount tearing down Leeds United
- Aubameyang Makes ‘Critical’ North London Derby Vow As Pressure Continues To Mount On The £350k-A-Week Striker
- I’ll Prove That Am Ready For A Return To Stamford Bridge – Nigerian Youngster Set For Chelsea Return
- Chelsea star returns to Cobham as he looks to break back into first team
- Maguire adamant that opportunities to make history hold no extra weight for the Red Devils
- Former Gunners defender claims ‘somthing’s not right’ with Arsenal new signing ahead of derby clash
- Olivier Giroud finally Speak Out On Chelsea Future Amid Agent’s Outcry