Chelsea bounced back to winning ways following their 4-0 thrash against League 2 side, Morecambe as the Lampard gave tactical reasons why his 4-3-3 formation is key
Lampard has been called out over and over in the past by fans who suggest he switches play pattern as they perceived his current 4-3-3 isn’t bringing results.
Many suggested he switched to a 4-2-3-1 formation as that would help secure the side more defensively when battling a stronger side.
With main motive of this being to get the best out of Kai Havertz who will supposedly do well as number 10 in the Chelsea squad.
According to Sports Mole, Lampard said after the Sunday game;
“I’ve heard some people talk about the system with two eighths as though they have to run in straight lines up and down the pitch.”
“It doesn’t have to be that way when you have players with different qualities like Mason Mount, Kai Havertz, Mateo Kovacic, N’Golo Kante.
“These players play in different ways and arrive between the lines and sometimes into the area inhabited by an orthodox number 10.
“And that can be more dangerous than a number 10 that just stands there all day. They can be, for me, more dangerous, but those are the things that need time.”
- See Also: Lampard Suggests Bigger Roles For Chelsea Duo After Morecambe Game
- Man United News: Ole Solskjaer Provides Trio Injury Update
- Chelsea Press Conference: Lampard Speaks on Tomori Chelsea Fate, Havertz and Werner Goals and many more
- Mesut Ozil Confirms Arsenal Future In Q&A With Fans
- Watch Goal: CHE 4:0 MOR as Havertz ends 15-game goal drought
- Watch Video: CHE 3:0 MOR as Hudson-Odoi seals Blues’victory
- Watch Video: CHE 2:0 MOR as Timo Werner ends 12 games goal drought in style following Havertz assist
- Watch Video: Kepa Arrizabalaga faults early but luckily converts that to a fine save
- Watch Video: CHE 1:0 MOR as Mount nets opener on Birthday
- FA Cup: CHELSEA vs MORECAMBE: Blues Official lineup as Werner strikes again