Olivier Giroud produced a man-of-the-match performance on Wednesday night, scoring four in an epic encounter at Ramon Sanchez Pizjuan to help his side maintain an astonishing record in the Champions League this season.
Before the game, Chelsea were a win shy of matching their 8-year-old record of four consecutive wins in the Champions League and with a steller performance from the Blues on Wednesday especially Olivier Giroud, the Blues didn’t only equal the record but in a stunning fashion as they struck four past ‘stubborn’ Sevilla.
With the win recorded, Chelsea have now won four consecutive of their five matches played so far this season in the Champions League, matching their 2011/2012 season record and could set a new record for themselves with a win over Krasnodar in their final group game this season.
Man of the match, Olivier Giroud also saw his personal record swell following his quadruple as the 34-year-old gave the football world a glimpse of what he’s got inside.
- See Also: Sevilla Vs Chelsea: How It All Went Down As Formidable Blues Crush Sevilla 0-4 In Spain
- Watch Video: MUN1:3 PSG Neymar on the score sheet again as PSG qualifies
- Watch Video: SEV 0:4 CHE as Giroud bags another goal
- Watch Video: SEV 0:3 CHE as Olivier Giroud bags hathrick
- Watch Video: MUN 1:2 PSG as Marquinhos restores Parisians lead
- Antonio Rudiger ‘Afforded To Barcelona’ Despite Commitment To Chelsea
- Manchester United Enter Race To Land Highly-Rated Brighton Star Man
- SEV Vs CHE: Possible Lineup For The Blues As They Make Sevilla Trip With Top Position In Sight
- Four Things Spotted At Chelsea Training This Morning Ahead Of Sevilla Clash
- MUN vs PSG: Possible Lineup as Cavani starts
- Martinelli, Thomas Partey, David Luiz And Others: Latest Arsenal Injury News With Possible Return Dates
- Chelsea Morning News: Tomori linked with January exit as Giroud remains keen to leave