Chelsea are keen on landing Bayern defender David Alaba at Stamford Bridge this winter after the 28-year-old vehemently turned down recent contract extension talks with the Bavarians after over a decade at Allianz Arena.
The Austrian recently expressed admiration for Frank Lampard’s vision and philosophy as Chelsea boss and even thanked the 42-year-old manager for his keen interest in him, further fueling prospects of a potential move away from Munich this winter transfer window.
With the Blues looking resurgent like never before, the addition of Alaba would definitely see Chelsea launch into a dominant force in European football, with the Bayern man bringing his versatility and wealth of experience to the Chelsea fold.
Without wasting further time, Frank Lampard is looking to finalize the Nigerian-descent’s purchase within the shortest possible window, as he’s reportedly offered the 28-year-old a three-year-contract with weeks to the official opening of the transfer window.
Chelsea will however be facing tough competitions from some big monies in Europe with likes of French Champions, PSG also eyeing a January swoop for the left-back.
According to transfer expert, Nicolo Schira, Chelsea, Paris Saint-Germain and Juventus are all interested in the versatile defender. Chelsea have offered a three-year contract, reports claim, but Alaba and his agent Pini Zahavi are holding out for a four-year deal.
Alaba has racked up more than 400 appearances for Bayern, winning nine Bundesliga titles and two Champions Leagues. He has most recently starred at centre-back, though he has extensive experience at left-back and central midfield and could feasibly start in any position.
- See Also: ‘Frustrated’ Kepa Blows Hot After Losing Spot To Edouard Mendy
- Chelsea Vs Leeds United: Possible Lineup For The Blues As They Aim To Continue Impressive Form
- West Ham Vs Man Utd: Possible lineup For Red Devils Today As They Make East London Trip
- Five Key Highlights of Chelsea Training At Cobham Today Ahead Of Leeds Clash
- Italian side set to hijack talented Chelsea Midfielder
- Watch Video of Mason Mount tearing down Leeds United
- Aubameyang Makes ‘Critical’ North London Derby Vow As Pressure Continues To Mount On The £350k-A-Week Striker
- I’ll Prove That Am Ready For A Return To Stamford Bridge – Nigerian Youngster Set For Chelsea Return
- Chelsea star returns to Cobham as he looks to break back into first team
- Maguire adamant that opportunities to make history hold no extra weight for the Red Devils
- Former Gunners defender claims ‘somthing’s not right’ with Arsenal new signing ahead of derby clash
- Olivier Giroud finally Speak Out On Chelsea Future Amid Agent’s Outcry