Chelsea left-back Marcos Alonso has finally reacted to growing concerns of exiting Stamford Bridge this winter having lost his spot to new signing, Ben Chilwell.
The Spaniard enjoyed success on joining the Blues in 2016, immediately lifting the premier league title in his first season with the club under Antonio Conte, but has seen his playtime reduced since Frank Lampard’s appointment as manager.
Things quickly went from bad to worse for the 29-year-old this season following the arrival of former Leicester City left-back Ben Chilwell, as the former Fiorentina man has endured a sparing feature this season.Embed from Getty Images
Speaking to Talksports last night, Alonso revealed he’s belief in his chances with the club.
The Madrid-born defender stated his willingness to fight for a place back to the lineup and is committed to the West Londoners.
“It was an amazing season, we won the league when no one expected” Alonso told Talksports of his debut season with the Blues.
“Its been difficult this time, but i have to keep pushing with the team”Embed from Getty Images
“Am happy at the club and ready to give my best at all time. I’ve always felt at home with this club and hopefully wish to continue here” He said.
Quizzed on his relationship with manager, Frank Lampard, Alonso said;
“The manager also talks to me, I believe in his plans with the club”
“He’s done quite much in such a short while here, and hopefully we can achieve a lot together” He added.
The left-back has featured just three times this season in the premier league with no appearance in the champions league as reports of exit to the Spanish capital continues to mount for the 29-year-old despite his latest statements.
- See Also: Breaking: UEFA Champions League Round Of 16 Matched, See Full Fixtures
- Chelsea Midfielder Send Strong Warning To Teammates After Everton Loss
- Watch Video: Chelsea Hits Training Ahead Of Wolves Clash, With Pulisic Looking Ready For A Return To Action
- Chelsea To Make ‘Major’ Goalkeeper Decision After Erroneous Goalkeeping At Everton
- Arsenal Morning News: Kieran Tierney Blows Hot After Awful Arsenal Loss To Burnley, Gunners Fire Up Search For Arteta Replacement And Many More