Lille President Gérard Lopez has disclosed plans of increasing offers to land Gent forward, Jonathan David as Leeds United also hunt for the 20-year-old.
League one side, Lille have in the recent past submitted a €25m offer to land Gent American striker, Jonathan David and appears the club president is willing to chase the deal to a high length as he also has promised to increase offer if necessary.
Losing Loïc Rémy to Benevento and potential departure of Nigerian Victor Osimhen are the major forces behind Lille’s Jonathan fearsome pursuit alongside Fluminense striker Marcos Paulo.
It’s clear that formal offer has been submitted with respect to David but no response has been received yet from the Belgian team.Embed from Getty Images
Assumptions suggest its likely The Buffalos are waiting to see the striker’s bid shoot up to €35m considering that other clubs have as well scouted the former Ottawa Internationals youth.
Other interests are believed to be from the Bundesliga and the Premier League but League one appears to be a more feasible location with Lille President assuring his side are planning to add money to their €25m offer as they haven’t received a response yet.
“The player absolutely wants to play for Lille. He does not want to go to the other clubs. Our team is made up of characters like him. Everything will depend on their board. We might up our offer in the coming days (their current bid is €25m),” Lopez said.
Jonathan David has netted a total of 30 goals in 60 appearances for Gent and appears to be the perfect replacement Lopez desires to have in his team.
- Source: France Football News
- See Also: Inter Milan to offer Ivan Perisic for Man United Alexis Sanchez
- Chelsea transfer news: Blues reportedly eye Jorginho swap for AC Milan Bennacer
- Pedro confirms departure from Chelsea after 5 years
- Man United manager, Ole Solskjaer to be handed cash gift for finishing top 4
- Manchester United set for James Rodriguez £23m transfer
- Man Utd and Arsenal target, Wilfried Zaha available for £40m