Manchester United are reportedly interested in landing highly-rated Cagliari center-back Sebastian Walukiewicz as potential replacement for Victor Lindelof this winter transfer window.
The Devils failed to reach the knockout stage of the Champions League, losing to RB Leipzig 3-2 on Tuesday, after a shambolic defensive display by the three-time winners.
United are now keen on landing defensive reinforcements after Tuesday’s hapless loss, with a move for 20-year-old Sebastian Walukiewicz.
The Cagliari defender has been quite impressive for the Serie A side since his arrival last season, playing all minutes for his side this season in the Serie A.
Although his new deal expires in the summer of 2024, it won’t deter United from launching their move.
According to Italian publication Corriere dello Sport, Inter Milan are also in the mix with Cagliari valuing him at £54million.
Man United boss Ole Gunnar Solskjaer is in the market for a new central defender as potential replacement for Victor Lindelof in the starting lineup.
Injury-prone Eric Bailly and Phil Jones are also set for the exit door either in January or the summer.
Walukiewicz’s fine form has been rewarded by his country after making his international debut in October.
- See more: Thomas Partey Finally Speaks Out After Mikel Arteta’s Blame In The Aftermath Of Tottenham Loss
- Kai Havertz Reveals His Best Playing Position After A Mixed Start To His Blues Career
- Good News For The Blues As Owner, Roman Abramovic Attains Major Milestone Ahead Of January Transfer Window
- Ziyech Injury Prompts Lampard’s Crucial Decision On Rising Chelsea Starlet
- He’s The Bedrock Of The Team’s Impressive Season So Far – Former Man Utd Captain Single Out One Chelsea Player As Key Reason For Blues Stunning Outing This Season
- Watch Video: Eddie Nketiah opens scoreline after beating defender to disgrace keeper
- Watch Video: Mohamed Elneny ‘Super Rocket’ extends Arsenal lead
- Watch Video: Dundalk pulls one back after fine pass remind Arsenal of weak form
- Watch Video: Arsenal nets another as Wilock justifies Balogun’s involvement with fine finish
- Frank Lampard To Make Chelsea Penalty-Taker Adjustment