Chelsea youngster Mason Mount has disclosed how challenging it was energetically for the Blues to egde high-flying Peacocks at Stamford Bridge on Saturday.
The Blues rallied from a goal down on Saturday night to secure a well-deserved 3-1 victory in West London, courtesy of goals from in-form Frenchman, Olivier Giroud, Kurt Zouma and a late wrap-up by Christian Pulisic to send the Blues top of the table temporarily.
Speaking ahead of Blues encounter with Russian side Krasnodar on Tuesday, Mount affirmed to the high level of energy the Blues were made to radiate by their ‘stubborn’ visitors after going a goal down.
According to the 21-year-old, they were prepared for the high-tempo, having watched their visitors play that way on so many occasions this season.
“Leeds don’t stop the whole time with the way they run and fight but we knew that coming into the game. I don’t think I’ve played in a game that frantic and that high-tempo before. I saw a stat saying we’re the first team to out-run them in a game so that was brilliant.” He said to Chelsea TV.
Next up for Chelsea in the premier league is a trip to Merseyside for out-of-form Everton clash during the weekend but will first play host to Krasnodar in their final group stage match on Tuesday.
- See Also: Just In: Blues Make Bold Move To Land ‘Highly-Rated’ 28-Year-Old Star Man
- ‘Frustrated’ Kepa Blows Hot After Losing Spot To Edouard Mendy
- Chelsea Vs Leeds United: Possible Lineup For The Blues As They Aim To Continue Impressive Form
- West Ham Vs Man Utd: Possible lineup For Red Devils Today As They Make East London Trip
- Five Key Highlights of Chelsea Training At Cobham Today Ahead Of Leeds Clash
- Italian side set to hijack talented Chelsea Midfielder
- Watch Video of Mason Mount tearing down Leeds United
- Aubameyang Makes ‘Critical’ North London Derby Vow As Pressure Continues To Mount On The £350k-A-Week Striker
- I’ll Prove That Am Ready For A Return To Stamford Bridge – Nigerian Youngster Set For Chelsea Return
- Chelsea star returns to Cobham as he looks to break back into first team
- Maguire adamant that opportunities to make history hold no extra weight for the Red Devils
- Former Gunners defender claims ‘somthing’s not right’ with Arsenal new signing ahead of derby clash
- Olivier Giroud finally Speak Out On Chelsea Future Amid Agent’s Outcry