Chelsea Striker Tammy Abraham has disclosed the wealth of advice in-form striker Olivier Giroud renders to him on converting headers after the Franchman’s stunning quadruple at Ramon Sanchez Pizjuan on Wednesday night.
The 23-year-old has fallen under untense criticisms over time at Stamford Bridge for his poor ability in finding the back of the net with his head, with co-striker, Olivier Giroud a complete contrast of the Englishman in the air as the 34-year-old has earned a reputation over the years as one of football’s finest nodders.
Speaking to Chelsea TV ahead of Leeds Clash later tonight, Abraham disclosed he’s usually in conversation with Olivier Giroud and has learnt a lot from him especially in the area of headers.
According to the English striker, he aims to steal some ideas from the Frenchman and focuses on his ball control.
“I learn a lot from Giroud. He’s someone I grew up watching on TV so it’s great for me to be training with him now every day. I like to watch him and steal some ideas to add to my game. I look at the way he holds the ball up & try to add parts of his game to mine.” he said.
“He gives me advice all the time. We were on the plane back from Newcastle the other day and I asked him what he thought of my header that the keeper saved. He gave me good criticism and things I can work on to score more headers.” he added.
The former Aston-Villa loanee also acknowledged his poor ability with his head, while disclosing work-in-progress towards improvement.
“There are still a few things that I’m trying to work on. I’m very tall so I know I can score more headers and I want to improve my hold-up play, which is vital because sometimes a team needs the striker to hold the ball up so they can all get forward” he continued.
“I think I’ve got good feet for a tall guy and I know where the goal is. I’m always in and around the right places to try and get a shot off.’ he concluded.
- See Also: Just In: Blues Make Bold Move To Land ‘Highly-Rated’ 28-Year-Old Star Man
- ‘Frustrated’ Kepa Blows Hot After Losing Spot To Edouard Mendy
- Chelsea Vs Leeds United: Possible Lineup For The Blues As They Aim To Continue Impressive Form
- West Ham Vs Man Utd: Possible lineup For Red Devils Today As They Make East London Trip
- Five Key Highlights of Chelsea Training At Cobham Today Ahead Of Leeds Clash
- Italian side set to hijack talented Chelsea Midfielder
- Watch Video of Mason Mount tearing down Leeds United
- Aubameyang Makes ‘Critical’ North London Derby Vow As Pressure Continues To Mount On The £350k-A-Week Striker
- I’ll Prove That Am Ready For A Return To Stamford Bridge – Nigerian Youngster Set For Chelsea Return
- Chelsea star returns to Cobham as he looks to break back into first team
- Maguire adamant that opportunities to make history hold no extra weight for the Red Devils
- Former Gunners defender claims ‘somthing’s not right’ with Arsenal new signing ahead of derby clash
- Olivier Giroud finally Speak Out On Chelsea Future Amid Agent’s Outcry