Chelsea have landed a major transfer blow on Arsenal on their pursuit for Brazilian star, Willian as the Blues set to hand the winger an extension.
Chelsea are reportedly not willing to cut ties with Willian Borges da Silva as they get ready to extend the Brazilian’s stay at Stamford Bridge for more two years.
Willian has attracted interests from several teams including Arsenal, Man United, Barcelona and David Beckham’s Inter Miami during the little time reports spiked up of his refusal to pen contract extension with the Blues.
The 31-year-old was believed to be asking for a 3-year extension but Chelsea weren’t ready to hand him that as they also refused handing a longer extension to Pedro who will be leaving the club after the season.Embed from Getty Images
As per Chelsea culture, players above 30 years of age are only handed 1-year extension deals if they are to remain in the club but the Blues have decided to once again break this policy as they get ready to hand Willian a 2-year extension same way as David Luiz’s who is now with Gunners.
Being so hopeful for an agreement to be reached between the club and Willian, Lampard is glad there appears to be a breakthrough as the former Shakhtar Donestk man set to sign the extension.
This news comes as a major blow for Arsenal who has been linked to him as a major suitor after they successfully secured a move for David Luiz when he had to leave Chelsea.
- Source: Skysports
- See Also: Chelsea transfer news: Blues reportedly eye Jorginho swap for AC Milan Bennacer
- Pedro confirms departure from Chelsea after 5 years
- Man United manager, Ole Solskjaer to be handed cash gift for finishing top 4
- Aston Villa debunk manager, Dean Smith exit rumors
- Lille President Gérard Lopez assures to increase bid to land Jonathan David
- Inter Milan to offer Ivan Perisic for Man United Alexis Sanchez