Chelsea are once again matched against Atletico Madrid with the Spanish side relaying a message to their English opponent ahead of the UCL clash
Frank Lampard’s men will be battling the Wanda Metropolitano side for the UCL Round of 16 stage after both sides were matched against each other.
Ahead of the clash which would have the two strong teams meeting again, the Spanish side has sent a warning alarm to Blues who look to be in a pretty form lately.
In the past 7 meetings, both sides have got equal records as Chelsea have won only 2 games, same as Atletico Madrid while the remaining 3 games ended in draws.
Chelsea finished top of the Group E while Atletico Madrid finished behind defending Champions Bayern Munich after losing one game and drawing 3 in the stage.
Following a tweet dropped by the Spanish side, it appears the squad are battle-ready to face their English opponent.
See the tweet below.
In response to the fixture, Blues manager shared his opinion as he believes Atletico Madrid are just like any other strong side that only requires work to defeat.
“Most people will say toughest one we could have had. But all draws are difficult in the Champions League. We have to have belief in ourselves. It is what it is,” Lampard said.
“They are top of La Liga. They knocked Liverpool out last year. They have experience and quality. One of the toughest on paper. We need to turn up and do our job.”
- See Also: Breaking: UEFA Champions League Round Of 16 Matched, See Full Fixtures
- Chelsea Midfielder Send Strong Warning To Teammates After Everton Loss
- Watch Video: Chelsea Hits Training Ahead Of Wolves Clash, With Pulisic Looking Ready For A Return To Action
- Chelsea To Make ‘Major’ Goalkeeper Decision After Erroneous Goalkeeping At Everton
- Arsenal Morning News: Kieran Tierney Blows Hot After Awful Arsenal Loss To Burnley, Gunners Fire Up Search For Arteta Replacement And Many More