Lampard was full of praises for Chelsea teenage sensation, Tino Anjorin on his Champions league debut for the Blues last night against Krasnodar.
The 19-year-old English-born winger gave a good account of himself last night despite Blues inability to find a winner, and Chelsea boss, Frank Lampard was particularly pleased with his outing.
Speaking during the post-match press conference, the gaffer expressed confidence in the teenager’s progress with the club.
“He’s shown in training, since last season when he was involved with us, a real ability to step straight into the level in terms of his abilities on the ball, which he showed today – the way he receives the ball, the way he moves with the ball very quickly, his physical attributes to protect the ball and run” Lampard said.
“He’s had some fitness issues in terms of being able to complete games at Under-23 and youth team level, and that’s something that’s a work in progress with him but he’s a player I feel the more he trains with us, the better he gets because it’s a really good environment for him. With the injuries we have in the short-term, he’ll be spending more time with us.” he concluded.
The Nigerian descent joined Chelsea Academy in 2008 at age 7 before promotion to first team last year, with his debut in Chelsea’s 7-1 Carabao Cup victory over Grimsby Town in September 2019.
Anjorin has dual international eligibility. Born in Poole on the south coast of England he is a youth international for England having represented that nation at U17, U18 and U19 level. He is still eligible to play for the Super Eagles of Nigeria through his Nigerian father.
- See Also: Just In: Arsenal Contact Wenger For A Possible Comeback As Arteta Nears Exit
- 96-goal Juventus prolific striker set for Blues switch
- Man Utd Morning News: Cavani, Martial, De Gea, Shaw Injury Updates, Team News Ahead Of Leipzig Clash
- Just In: Blues Make Bold Move To Land ‘Highly-Rated’ 28-Year-Old Star Man
- ‘Frustrated’ Kepa Blows Hot After Losing Spot To Edouard Mendy
- Chelsea Vs Leeds United: Possible Lineup For The Blues As They Aim To Continue Impressive Form
- West Ham Vs Man Utd: Possible lineup For Red Devils Today As They Make East London Trip
- Five Key Highlights of Chelsea Training At Cobham Today Ahead Of Leeds Clash
- Italian side set to hijack talented Chelsea Midfielder
- Watch Video of Mason Mount tearing down Leeds United
- Aubameyang Makes ‘Critical’ North London Derby Vow As Pressure Continues To Mount On The £350k-A-Week Striker
- I’ll Prove That Am Ready For A Return To Stamford Bridge – Nigerian Youngster Set For Chelsea Return
- Chelsea star returns to Cobham as he looks to break back into first team
- Maguire adamant that opportunities to make history hold no extra weight for the Red Devils
- Former Gunners defender claims ‘somthing’s not right’ with Arsenal new signing ahead of derby clash
- Olivier Giroud finally Speak Out On Chelsea Future Amid Agent’s Outcry